Tuesday, January 9, 2024

CFM | Strengthen Your Testimony Through 1 Nephi 2: Turning to the Lord

Lehi’s Family Leaving Jerusalem, by Scott Snow

Years ago, I came to know a gentleman while I was homeless, relying on the Catholic Community Services agency in Bellevue, Washington. This agency had a program that allowed people like me to have a place to stay for the night, rotating among different churches each month. This gentleman shared his story with me, recounting how he felt the Lord's call to give up everything and follow Him. He told me how, through his faithful obedience, he received blessings in small, meaningful ways. His story reminded me of the main character, Christian, in John Bunyan's "The Pilgrim's Progress," who, after realizing impending destruction, embarks on a personal journey. Like Christian, I had tried several times in my life to follow Christ, facing difficult challenges each time. It took years for me to understand that these challenges were divine tests designed to draw me closer to God. Yet, I was stubborn and obstinate, relying solely on my own resources and efforts, instead of surrendering fully to His will. This revelation changed my life, teaching me the profound lesson that true growth and blessings come through faithful obedience and trust in God.


In the midst of life's uncertainties, turning to the Lord can be the cornerstone of fortifying your spiritual foundation. 1 Nephi 2 teaches us that by seeking the Lord’s guidance and trusting in His plan, we can gain and strengthen our testimony. This scripture illustrates Nephi's unwavering faith and his journey of spiritual growth as he chooses to follow God's commandments despite challenges. By immersing yourself in this chapter, you’ll discover how aligning with the Lord can enrich your spiritual understanding and empower you to face life's trials with a steadfast heart. Dive into the teachings of 1 Nephi 2 and witness the transformative power of genuine faith.


Nephi is known for his strong faith in the Lord, but he had to work to gain his testimony, just like all of us. In 1 Nephi 2, you can see why Nephi was able to believe his father's words. Why didn't Laman and Lemuel have this same belief? (See also 1 Nephi 15:2–11). When have you felt the Lord change your heart?


BECOME A PATREON MEMBER TO READ FULL ARTICLE

BECOME A PAID SUBSCRIBER AT MINDFUL LATTER-DAY SAINT CHRISTIAN LIVING

No comments:

Post a Comment